Friday, May 10, 2013

Ummm... What Are We Protesting Again?

So now for the second march on May Day. This is the one that I wasn't so fond of. Lots of anger over nothing, lots of damage over nothing, and lots of violence over nothing.

So... It took me a while to figure out what this protest was all about, but I finally found out it was a protest against capitalism. So I was even more confused because I don't see how the damage and violence fits in to this equation.

I think the true reason behind this protest was civil disobedience and destruction because they wanted to and for no other reason. While I might be wrong, it would be nice if there was a clear message put forth and less violence or destruction. Take a look at the photos and I hope they are enjoyable in some sense.

The beginning of the violence...


I almost got hit in the head by a big rock here. Also almost got hit with a small open can of red paint here.



Complete chaos starts now.



And that's a wrap!

No comments: